Sunday, January 1, 2017

What I Will Watch: Winter 2016/2017

This season is quite bad, at least it is for me. There's not many series that really caught my interest, many looks interesting but none really stood out (aside from a few). Also to my surprise, there's no the obligatory harem school light novel adaptation this time, which is nice. Although, to my horror, the amount of yaoi series jumped up by quite a bit.

- Definitely Will Watch:
The series under this is what I will, without an doubt, watch the full length of it. The one here is most likely the next season of what has aired or a series based of something i've already followed.

1. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shufuku wo! 2

I absolutely love the first season. It's funny and fun. Definitely something I would recommend to anyone who like fantasy genre. When I heard it's getting a season 2, I was really happy and I'm so looking forward to watch this.

2. Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

Watched Ao no Exorcist a while back. To be honest, I'm not terribly impressed nor disappointed. It's your typical shounen series for me. Well, there's another season, why not watch it. Although saying this, this section of the post every single season, there's always one that I didn't watch even though I said I will watch all of it, so... hopefully the curse will be broken in this one.


- Most Likely Will Watch:
The one under this is those with an interesting idea and i think might be really good. Hopefully they didn't screw it up though.

1. Masamune-kun no Revenge

I've read a few chapters of the manga and frankly, it's quite good so I'm quite looking forward to this. Although it does has a harem tag, rest assured, it's not your typical harem series that we all know and probably hate at this point.

2. Kuzu no Honkai
She somehow reminds me a lot of that girl from Dead Tube
The premise is that this couple, Mugi and Hanabi looks like a prefect couple but truth is that they don't love each other, instead they have a hopeless love for someone else. They're dating each other to soothe their loneliness. I don't think I ever watch a series like this before so it'll be fun. I suddenly realize, the two that stood out for me are romance series, this is a season for romance I guess.

- Probably Will Try:
Those under this is the series that i will watch just to see how they do things. There's no guarantee that i will even watch the full first episode of it. Some i might continue, but most likely i'll drop it.

1. Hand Shakers
I really like the colors. Simply beautiful
Hand Shaker from studio GoHands. What's with the obsession with hands?! Well, the art looks beautiful and I'm quite curious about their obsession with hands. That's not the story obviously. But I'll watch it just because hands.

2. Fate/Grand Order: First Order
Can't really say much since I know next to nothing about this
What did I say about game adaptation? I'm always skeptical about it and this is no different. Also I don't follow the fate series at all so... I'm not sure I'm going to watch this.

3. Fuuka

Well, let the romance spree continue on. I'm not particularly interested in this but well, it's romance and once in a while a full romance course wouldn't hurt, right?

4. Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari
Uhh.... Char?
Did I say something about game adaptation? Yes, it's here for the exact same reason.

5. Granblue Fantasy The Animation
I like the art. And that animal in front is cute
And again with the game adaptation. It looks interesting but well, I'm forever skeptical about this.

6. Akiba's Trip The Animation
..... okaaayyyy
Seriously what's with the game adaptation this season. I played Akiba's Trip long ago and it's quite fun so I'll try it out. Also interesting setup.

7. Seiren
That art really reminds me of Amagami. Same character designer maybe?
And again with the romance. Well, I'm not saying much other than let the romance spree continue on.

8. eIDLIVE
With the exception of that girl in the back, no one's smiling.
Cheer up guys
The main character suddenly got recruited into a space police station and well, do things. Not particularly interesting but I don't have much to watch anyway, why not give it a go.

9. Urara Meirochou
Lolis doing things. Probably sums up the series quite well
There's a girl who travelled to Meiro-cho to train to be a top uranaishi (somesort of a diviner, I think) which is a dream of many but she has her own dream, to be a fortune teller. Well, it's historical, so it might be interesting. The art looks quite nice too. I don't have much to watch. I'll try this. Why do I speak in short sentences?!

10. One Room
That girl in the front is quite cute. Probably due to her hairstyle
Hardly any synopsis, no tags, by a studio that I never heard before. What can possibly go wrong? A lot most likely.

- Won't Even Bother
Yeah, nothing can be said. The one under this is those that failed to interest me, the next season of a series that i didn't follow or is utterly shit to begin with.
1. Spiritpact
The art looks nice and all. It looks promising and I was about to give it a green-lit to try then I saw a horrifying thing "shounen-ai". NO!!!!

2. Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel
And yet again with the game adaptation series. But more than any from this season, I'm quite sure I won't like this one at all. Like seriously, just look at it, just no.

3. Marginal#4 Kiss Kara Tsukuru Big Bang

I see four dudes and no girls. I get a bad feeling. Skipping this.

No comments:

Post a Comment